About the job
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing an in-progress project for our interior design team. Scope includes hands on work with design team, driving internal path and overseeing production of design presentation materials. We are hoping to connect with candidates with interior design experience and who are comfortable with construction site visits. Based in NYC but some travel required.
This is a freelance/1099 role with semi-flexible hours outside of any necessary meetings.
Time commitment may fluctuate between phases of project – this is why you will see this marked as both full and part time.
Project is currently in the design development phase. Opening is slated for Fall 2022.
- Execute internal critical path and meeting schedule timeline
- Monitor project deliverables and ensure team is making consistent progress. Own team “to do” lists and keep Operations Director consistently informed. Project deliverables include (but are not limited to) materiality samples, mock ups, full color renderings, specification package and digital presentation.
- Maintain project budgets and finish & FF&E schedules.
- Communicate with and oversee external SRM team consultants (ie drafting team, rendering team, etc)
- Communicate and coordination with other project consultants (ie owner’s rep, architectural team, MEP, equipment and F&C team, etc)
- Attend calls/online/site meetings as needed.
- Respond to RFIs and submittals from GC during CA phase.
- First pass review of shop drawings, ID drawings and CD drawings.
- Update relevant stakeholders or team members on the project progress
- Coach and support project team members with tasks you assign them
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years equivalent experience.
- Familiarity and ease with construction and architectural/design drawings.
- Strong business acumen in project planning and management.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
Work from home is welcome unless in person participation for meetings or management is necessary.
- Are you able to use your own lap-top? (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred but not necessary)
- Project management: 5 years (Required)
- Interior Design: 3 years (Required)